World Youth Skills Day
World Youth Skills Day is celebrated on July 15th every year. Observed for the first time in 2014, the day is celebrated to mark the importance of providing the youth with the required skills and vocational training to make them future-ready. This day provides an opportunity for youth to interact and exchange ideas on technical and vocational training with institutions, organizations, legislative bodies, and others. Young men and women are educated about the importance of developing skills for employment and entrepreneurship. Those young people who do not wish to or are unable to pursue higher education due to other reasons will be trained in occupational skills that will help them build a decent life.
Why is it important to observe this day, especially in India?
- Populations aged between 15 and 35 are counted as a youth
- India has the largest youth population in the world, with around 63% of the population below 35
- Given the vast population in India, a large number of people begin to enter the labour force at an early age due to poverty and illiteracy
- According to the International Labour Organization(ILO), young people are twice as likely to be unemployed as compared to adults
- The main goal behind observing this day is to improve the socio-economic conditions of the younger generation by overcoming the challenges posed by unemployment
- The need for vocational training for young men and women to increase opportunities for entrepreneurship
How is Miracle helping today’s youth to acquire skills to become future-ready?
We are committed to providing the required Digital Transformation skills to current and future Software Professionals for a better and transformed society. To help students acquire new in-demand skills and adapt to future IT jobs, Miracle launched the “AP Cloud” program on August 5, 2016. The mission of this program is to create more Digital Transformation Professionals in Andhra Pradesh, which is one of the most preferred destinations for companies looking for Digital Transformation Skills.
The goal is to train 1,00,000 students in cloud-related skills to enable them for IT Jobs. So far we were able to train close to 34,500 students through various programs such as AP Cloud, Digital Summit, IT Gurukulam, Workshops, Online Webinars, and Internships, with more than 20 trainers involved in training the students.
The world is shifting towards a highly demanding consumer, who is adapting to emerging technologies like Mobile, Social, IoT, etc, and is expecting businesses to meet the demands and challenges in real-time. However, businesses are facing huge challenges in finding the right skills necessary for making this Digital Transformation a reality. This is where we are committed to be at the forefront in making this happen by investing in Skilled Workforce Development.
Ready to learn new skills? Then check out what AP Cloud Internship Program can offer you,
Through the AP Cloud program, students can get the following benefits,
- Gain knowledge about the latest technologies, real-world examples, and deep insights
- Chance to work alongside technology and industry experts
- Learn about Google Cloud Computing, Unix Shell & Commands, Core Java Programming, DB Programming, Spring Boat, and others
- Collaborate and innovate with different teams on next-generation ideas and projects
- A certificate based on the number of days students attend the training
We will continue to train students through various programs to ensure we meet our goal of training 100,000 students over the next few years.